March 30, 2017
The Minister of Finance, Luis Caputo, will be travelling this Friday to the City of Asuncion where he will be participating of the Annual Meeting of Governors of the IDB, as Governor before said organization. In addition, within this context, Caputo will be holding a tough agenda of bilateral meetings.
The delegation of the Ministry of Finance includes: the Chief of Cabinet of the Ministry, Pablo Quirno; the Secretary of Finance, Santiago Bausili; and the Undersecretary of International Financial Relations, Martin Soto. In addition, the Argentine representative before the IDB, Raul Novoa, will also be present.
Friday, March 31
• During the first day of the event, Caputo will arrive to the Capital of Paraguay, where he will be holding meetings with the President of the IDB and the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC). Likewise, he will be holding a working meeting with the delegation of the European Investment Bank, led by the Vice-president, Roman Escoleano.
• After that, he will be participating of a multilateral meeting with the Minister of Planning, Development and Administration of Brazil, Dyogo Henrique Oliveira, and the Secretary of Treasury and Public Credit of Mexico, Jose Antonio Meade Kuribeña, in which they will be talking about the reshaping of the economic agenda for the region.
• In addition, Caputo will be holding a meeting with the Pacific Alliance Ministers: Mauricio Cardenas, Minister of Treasury and Public Credit of Colombia; Alfredo Eduardo Thorme Vetter, Minister of Economy and Finance of Peru; Alejandro Micco Aguayo, Undersecretary of Treasury of Chile; and Jose Antonio Meade Kuribreña from Mexico. His Brazilian peer will also be joining the meeting.
• On Saturday noon, the Technical Preparatory Meeting of Ministers of Finance is taking place. It will be led by Luis Caputo and the participants will be debating on the issues to be discussed at the IDB Ministerial Meeting conducted in October.
• Later, the announcement of Argentina hosting the next Annual Meeting 2018 will take place. There will be a stand representing the country’s typical traditions and Minister Caputo will give a speech.
• In the afternoon, the Finance Minister will be participating of the Special Meeting of Governors and he will be holding a meeting with Juan Notaro, President of the Financial Fund for the Development of the Rio de La Plata Basin (FONPLATA), at which they will talk about the financing to modernize the Government and support Provinces affected by the El Niño current. Mr. Minister will be also attending to the inaugural session and he will be meeting with different investors and financial institutions.
Sunday, April 2
• Finally, on Sunday, April 2, Caputo will be participating of the Governors photo and he will be attending to the Joint Meeting of the Committees of the IDB and the IIC where participants will discuss the projects of the Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) of the IDB Group, which Inter-American Forum on Microenterprise (Foromic) will take place this year in Argentina.
• At noon, the Finance Minister will be attending the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), presided over by the Acting Director of the Latin-America, Caribbean and Europe Region Department, Miguel Linares, and the Official Responsible of the public sector operations, Natalia Salazar.
• Likewise, Mr. Minister will be holding a bilateral meeting with the Deputy Assistant Secretary of International Affairs of the U.S. Treasury, Eric Meyer, and the Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Western Hemisphere and South Asia of the U.S. Treasury, Michael Kaplan. After that, he will be meeting with Canada’s assistant deputy minister of Global Issues and Development, Sarah Fountain Smith.
• Finally, at the closing session, Argentina hosting the 2018 IDB Annual Meeting will become official.