The Minister of Finance, Luis Caputo, is part of the official team that accompanies President Mauricio Macri in his State visit to the People’s Republic of China. The arrival to Beijing is expected to be on Sunday at 10:30 AM (11:30 PM Argentina time). The Ministry’s team is also comprised by the Chief of Cabinet, Pablo Quirno, and the Undersecretary of International Financial Relations, Martin Soto.
There follows a detailed agenda of the activities of Mr. Minister and his team:
Sunday, May 14
– Caputo will accompany Mauricio Macri in the opening of the OBOR “One Belt One Road” Forum led by the President of China, Xi Jiping; and then they will attend the high-level plenary meeting. OMOR is a Chinese initiative aimed at promoting the integration and development of Eurasia, by means of the coordination of policies, the development of infrastructure, the increase in trade, investment and financial aid, industrial integration, encouragement of technology transfer and the improvement of economic governance mechanisms.
– In addition, the Argentine team will participate in the ceremony of the execution of the Forums’ Guiding Principles Document.
– Within said framework, Caputo will attend the opening panel about financial connectivity.
Monday, May 15
– Mr. Minister will attend the meeting held by President Macri and the President of the World Bank, Jim Kim.
– Likewise, he will accompany Mr. President in different working meetings for the participants of the “One Belt One Road” Forum.
Friday, May 16
– The Argentine team will participate in the Argentina-China Business and Investment Forum: “Partners for development”, where Minister Caputo will give a speech at the plenary session. President Mauricio Macri will give the closing speech.
– In addition, Caputo will hold a meeting together with the Minister of Transportation, Guillermo Dietrich; the Governor of Jujuy, Gerardo Morales; and the Governor of San Juan, Sergio Uñac, with the authorities of the Export-Import Bank of China (EXIMBANK). They will address financing agreements for the following projects: Cauchari I, II and III Photovaltic Park, located in Jujuy (for USD331 million); improvement of the Buenos Aires.
– Mendoza Railway Corridor, former San Martin Cargas (for USD2.04 billion); and “El Tambolar” multipurpose hydroelectric power project (for USD823 million).
– Caputo will also meet with authorities of the Bank of China (BOC) to address financing possibilities for the multipurpose project Chihuido I.
Wednesday, May 17
– The Finance Minister and his team will meet with authorities of the China Development Bank (CDB) where they will address the financing for the project to improve Belgrano Cargas (II) railway.
– In addition, the Argentine team will accompany Mr. President in different bilateral meetings with Chinese officials and he will participate in the ceremony of the execution of agreements between the Argentine Republic and the People’s Republic of China. The main cooperation areas shall be: infrastructure, transportation, energy and IT.
Friday, May 19
– On Friday, the Argentine officials will arrive to Japan and they will participate in the Argentina-China Business and Investment Forum: “Partners for development”, where Caputo will give a speech after President Macri’s exhibition.
– To conclude his agenda in Japan, Mr. Minister will meet with authorities of the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to agree on a 50-million dollar financing for the implementation of an automatic stop system for trains.